RED LIGHT CAMERAS
already done so, please read the Rancho Cucamonga section on the Camera Towns page
of Rancho Cucamonga Documents
Total Violations, Citations
New 9-24-04, updated 12-5-05,
This table made by highwayrobbery.net, using official monthly tabulations of citations actually issued. The 2002 - 2004 figures are from the City's Nestor system. The figures beginning with 2008 are from the City's RedFlex system.
Official Tabulations, Aug. 2009 to June 2010
( ) indicates a footnote.
(1) Totals are as provided by the City.
(2) YTD = Year-to-date.
(3) Enforcement on left-turn movements at Baseline / Carnelian began in 2004.
(4) The year total for 2002 covers operation from Apr. 18 to Dec. 31.
(5) (Applicable to all but the rightmost column.) Any figures in red type (or, if you are looking at this table in black and white, the upper figure when there are two or more figures in a cell) are what RedFlex calls Total Violations, or all incidents recorded by the cameras, and due to time limitations may have been posted only for selected months or locations. If there is sufficient public interest, the remaining months will be posted. The figures in black type are what Nestor calls Citations Issued and RedFlex calls Notices Printed, and represent the sum of genuine citations issued (those filed with the court) plus any Nominations mailed (not filed with the court, a.k.a. Snitch Tickets).
(6) Figures in the rightmost column are from a court-generated document (see Docs Set # 2, below). The figures in black type are citations filed with the court. Figures in blue type (or, if you are looking at this table in black and white, in italic type) are Citations Closed (paid at the court).
Rancho Cucamonga Docs Set # 2
On Dec. 3, 2005 I received a CD with a court-generated spreadsheet showing the number of tickets filed with the court, and the number of cases closed, each month. Be sure to look at the Summary page.
Superior Court report: Closed Citations (3.4 MB)
Rancho Cucamonga Docs Set # 3
"Late Time" Graphs
The City provided bar graphs of Late Times, etcetera, for all three cameras.
These graphs track violations recorded, not tickets issued.
Where there is a large number of long Late Time violations in a curb lane, it is believed to indicate heavy ticketing on right turns.
(The curb lane will be the lane with the highest lane number.)
The picture above is an example from another city.
2008 Bar Graphs
2009 Bar Graphs
Bar graphs are available for other cities, too - see the list in the expanded version of Defect # 9.
Rancho Cucamonga Docs Set # 4
There may be some more Rancho Cucamonga information posted in the next few weeks. Mark your calendar to remind you to come back here and look!
RED LIGHT CAMERAS